3rd Shift Maintenance Technician
We are seeking a 3rd shift Maintenance Technician for a full time position in the Seattle, WA area and offering a $7500 employee sign on bonus/ or relocation package. This position is responsible for collaborating with production staff to enhance the reliability of production equipment, and completion of repair tasks in a manner that minimizes reactive downtime.
Job ID: MTK-WA
Location: Seattle, WA area
Compensation: $30 up to $41/hour to start + Overtime + Excellent Benefits & $7,500- sign on bonus / relocation
3rd Shift Position – rotating schedule (2 days on, 2 off, 3 on, 2 off, 2 on, 3 off – then repeat every other weekend 3 days off). This represents a schedule that repeats every 2 weeks.
Hours: 8:00pm to 8:00am
- Effectively perform preventive maintenance tasks to enhance equipment reliability.
- Troubleshoot and repair processing, packaging, and facility related equipment.
- Collaborate with production personnel to identify causes of mechanical downtime.
- Interpret mechanical blueprints, electrical schematic drawings, and PLC logic diagrams.
- Perform metal fabrication tasks as necessary to complete repairs including cutting, welding and finishing.
- Display an understanding of AC and DC motors, VFD drives, and the ability to safely troubleshoot circuits of varying voltage (110/120V, 220V, 480V).
- Evaluate equipment condition and reacts appropriately with follow-up activities.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in the production process and take action: document action and results.
- Train operators and others in proper operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Minimum of 2 years’ Electrical Troubleshooting Skills: Motor Controls 120Volt – 480Volt
- PLC & VFD Machine Controls troubleshooting experience are very important and required
- Minimum of 2 years of Allen-Bradley PLC experience preferred / Ladder Logic experience –Troubleshoot failure modes
- Experience with Servos, Discrete Controls troubleshooting preferred
- Minimum of 2 years’ Mechanical Troubleshooting Skills: Belt & Roller Conveyors, Gearboxes, Blowers & Fans V-Belt Drives, Mechanical Drive Couplings, Air Cylinders.
- Food Processing, Packaging, Facilities Maintenance experience
- Minimum of 2 years of industrial manufacturing maintenance experience
- Able to climb ladders and lift/push/pull using proper techniques up to 50 pounds frequently and up to 200 pounds occasionally
- Ability to change work days/hours for occasional departmental vacation coverage.
- Ability to work OT if needed
- Use a PC for communication, parts research, and maintenance system purposes
- Must be able to work 3rd shift – schedule details noted above