Automation & Controls Engineer
AUTOMATION & CONTROLS ENGINEER
Job ID: ACE-NJ
Location: Remote from home – living anywhere in NJ with travel to clients sites in NJ, NY, PA, MD areas
Compensation: $95k – $100K (also open to hourly plus OT if preferred)
Our client is seeking an Automation & Controls Engineer to develop and maintain Manufacturing Automation, Machine Automation, Machine Controls & Discrete Controls
- 3-4 years of experience with Industrial Control Systems and Manufacturing Automation Systems and programs, data collection and storage, and reporting for production facilities.
- Performs system startup operations to demonstrate, analyze and improve equipment performance to ensure optimal results are obtained as part of the customer machine acceptance trial
- Coordinates and works with Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) suppliers and customer project managers to properly integrate the automated controls.
- Reviews blueprints, wiring diagrams, schematics, manuals, Bills of Material and customer requirements to determine safe, efficient and cost-effective design, assembly and installation procedures.
- Installs and/or services control systems in accordance with manufacturers’ and customers’ specifications
- Experience with Allen-Bradley, Rockwell Automation, GE, PLC hardware, software and industrial network communication applications.
- 2-6 years of programming experience with SCADA systems and industrial networking setup and troubleshooting.
- Must have experience with Manufacturing Automation, Machine Automation, Machine Controls & Discrete Controls
- 2- 6 years of experience with Industrial Control Systems for Manufacturing Automation, Machine Controls, Discrete Controls
- S. degree in Engineering
Must be able to work autonomously / remotely and at customer locations. Most current customers are located in NJ, NY, PA and MD and travel outside the