Automation Service Sales Associate
Automation Service Sales Associate
Job ID: SSA-PA
Location: Philadelphia, PA area
Salary: $80K – $100K base, with $150K overall target earnings + full employee benefits
Primarily responsible for generating proposals and selling (Building Automation) & Smart Building systems maintenance offerings for all newly installed equipment and out-of-warranty equipment not presently under service contract. Quoting and selling pull through work, T&M and a growing number of additional service offerings. This position will coordinate and work closely with Construction sales personnel. Management of the closed service contracts is an integral part of the job requirements
- Develop long term, sole source consultative sales relations with End Users
- Develop long term, sole source consultative sales relations with Mechanical Contractors
- Knowledgeable about products & services in the market place.
- Knowledgeable of & responsible for establishing and renewing service contracts and offerings.
- Consistently meets annual sales volume and gross profit margin goals established by Sales Management.
- Prepares high quality estimates using company approved estimating tool that meet the following minimum requirements:
- Complies with Area/System cost reporting standards.
- Includes a complete scope of work concurrent with quotation.
- Co-ordinates with Operations and Project management to ensure that current company resources are adequate to meet contractually required schedules and commitments.
- Meets with Operations for a comprehensive and timely turn-in meeting to review and hand off new projects. Ensures Operations and Project management is fully informed of all engineering and time critical issues including the following:
- Rush or critical material orders required to meet project schedule.
- Milestone dates or schedules for submittals, subcontractor on-site starts, installation schedules, start-up and commissioning, and final project completion.
- Indicates subcontractor and owner preferences.
- Identifies and ensures Operations understanding of contract obligations and negotiated deviations.
- Identifies and ensures Operations understanding all areas of project risk.
- Develops relationship with subcontractors for accurate estimating.
- Personal appearance is professional and always meets company dress code.
- Work area is clean, professional and presentable to visiting customers.
- Is dependable and reliable, meets deadlines and is on time for appointments.
- Strong track record of performance in Building Automation service sales for a minimum of 2 years.
- Must be able to travel to client sites as needed: Mid NJ down to MD and DE and from Jersey shore to Harrisburg . (IRS mileage for prospect/client site travel given)
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; OR two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in building control systems, building automation systems, HVAC, and construction projects.
- Ability to grow revenue profitably.
- Strong interpersonal skills, clients like and trust you.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers.
- Ability to effectively present information to potential clients, engineering firms and subcontractors.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers.
- Ability to work on a computer system, with a reasonable understanding of scientific and application software.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.