BAS Automation Techncian
BAS Automation Technician
Job ID: BAST-WI
Location: Milwaukee WI area – Can work remotely within 1 hr commute of Milwaukee, WI area
Compensation: $68K – $80K + great employee benefits
This position is field based, responsible for installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of building automation systems. Requires experience with: DDC, startups, commission, fieldwork, laptops, networking and Tridium Niagara for onsite building automation systems.
- Safely preform scheduled preventative maintenance routines
- Complete commission and startup to ensure proper operations
- Service calls to Diagnose, troubleshoot ad repair wiring , hardware and software
- Diagnose communication problems
- Create, load, test and tune system databases
- Install, replace and recommission control systems devices, equipment and software
- Coordinate with subcontractors
- Provide on-site training to clients
- Create and maintain test records and as-built documentation
- 3+ years’ experience for installation & troubleshooting 1 or more DDC control systems: Honeywell, Johnson Controls, Siemens, Alerton, KMC, Schneider I/A series, Schneider Ecostruxure, Tridium Niagara, Tridium AX, Tridium N4, Metasys FX or KMC (BAS/ DDC programming from scratch not required)
- 3+ years’ Field DDC experience troubleshooting is required
- 3+ years’ of Building Automation /DDC systems start-up and commissioning experience
- Tridium Niagara experience is a huge plus
- Must be able to read and understand HVAC drawings
- Knowledge of HVAC systems operation and control a must.
- A working knowledge of IT networks and switches required
- This is a client-facing position, so excellent communications skills are necessary.
- Understanding and troubleshooting of BAS networks protocols and communications.
- Equipment operations and maintenance experience
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Must be able to work in a field-based position (not an office position)
- Must have a clean valid driver’s license
Excellent Healthcare, Dental, Vision, Health Savings, Life Insurance, paid time off, flex time and 401k available