Blow Mold Technician
Blow Mold Technician
Job ID: BMT-NY
Location: Milton, NY (Hudson Valley) area
Pay: $21 – $23/hr – union position + Overtime and full benefits
Shift: (2nd shift) 1pm – 10pm / Mon thru Sat
- Responsibility for the systematic problem solving/trouble shooting of PET Blow Mold Assembly equipment using strong mechanical ability, effective communication skills as well as a demonstration of leadership skills.
- Start-up and shutdown of Molding and assembly equipment in accordance with the Production Schedule.
- Careful handling and attention to Molds and assembly equipment to provide consistent part and quality protection of all company assets.
- Documents all Blow Mold set-up and supports recording of downtime.
- Assure adherence to quality standards and specifications.
- Maintain Production Goals for efficiency and scrap.
- Prepares the molds and fixtures for storage after the completion of each Production run.
- Notifies Production Manager and Maintenance Manager of downtime issues and advises of recurring problems in the Production area which adversely affect Productivity.
- Tags all tools and fixtures according to the work order procedure
- Troubleshoots process related issues while adhering to set-up documentation to maintain consistent quality and production requirements.
- Identifies defects in Mold Equipment and Assembly.
- Records any process changes that have been made during the shift
- Ability to perform as an operator if so required as well as a material handler and Manufacturing back-up supervisor
- 2-4 years’ experience working with Injection and Blow Mold equipment
- Experience with Blow Molding Operation
- Experience with periodic maintenance of Blow Molding machinery and equipment.
- Able to do change overs
- Solid mechanical troubleshooting and repair ability
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Software
- No physical limitations – must be able to lift 50 lbs, climb ladders / stairs + work on your feet for long periods of time
- Must be able to work a 2nd shift position and Saturdays
Company fully paid family health care and dental coverage, Paid Time off, holidays, etc.