Building Automation Sales VP
Building Automation Sales VP
Job ID: AVP-PA
Location: Philadelphia, PA area
Salary: $150K base salary and up to $250K+ annual compensation on Target Earnings + great benefits
We are seeking an Building Automation Sales Vice President who will be a hands-on sales manager to help develop a new building automation systems construction business and manages a sales team consisting of construction and service for building automation systems sales engineers. A qualified candidate can lead by example with a personal construction sales experience as well as training, developing and assisting your construction and service sales engineers to achieve and exceed their sales goals.
- Development and implementation of strategic sales plans to achieve corporate goals.
- Responsible for reaching and exceeding sales goals and objectives.
- Directs product simplification and standardization to eliminate unprofitable items for the sales line.
- Studies and analyzes the market to determine competitive position.
- Delivers sales presentations to key clients in coordination with the sales representatives.
- Meets with key clients to maintain relationships and to negotiate and close deals.
- Coordinates liaison between sales department and other sales related units.
- Assists other departments within the organization to prepare manuals, technical publications, and designs according to customer specifications.
- Prepares weekly sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Monitors and evaluates the activities and products of the competition.
- Coordinates the Sales turnover meetings with the Engineering department.
- Develops individual strategies on a project by project basis.
- Evaluates the scope review and determines the marketability of new product offerings.
- Prepares correspondence, estimates, and follow up letters to be sent to customers.
- Develops customer scope letters and proposals.
- Responsible for training and development program for sales associates.
- Minimum 5 years (BAS) building automation systems construction sales
- A strong track record of performance in (BAS) Building Automation Systems sales
- Strong experience with building control systems with any; Siemens, Johnson Controls, Honeywell, Tridium, Alerton, Automated Logic, Schneider Electric or Carrier Comfort systems.
- Must be able to write Control Strategies to help create successful project bids
- Experience leading a sales team or you are ready to move up from being a high performance sales person into a management role
- A. from four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in; (BAS) building automation, building control systems, HVAC, and building controls construction projects.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to train and coach sales staff to grow their results.
- Ability to grow revenue profitably for the Automation/Smart buildings business unit
- Ability to study the market for needs so as to widen our product offering to meet those needs
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents