Job ID: CEZ2-TX
Position Type: Direct Hire / Full Time + employee benefits
Location: Houston, TX area
Compensation: $110k to $115k salary + benefits
The Controls Engineer is responsible for end-to-end design and development of instrumentation, control and electrical systems to support the continued growth and development of the company’s business in oil & gas, industrial process and other industrial markets. The qualified candidate will collaborate with the systems engineering team to optimize architecture for cost and performance. They will provide CAD design, programming, documentation, and hands-on support and troubleshooting. This role will also collaborate extensively with customers, sales and field service personnel to conceive and develop industry leading systems solutions.
- Develop and document designs for instrumentation, electrical & control systems for complex industrial equipment, including system design, sizing and modeling, component selection, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) and Human Machine Interface (HMI)
- Develop software and documentation to enhance the configurable HMI and PLC programs to provide maximum ease of use and troubleshooting capabilities for field
- Provide hands-on and remote support for system startup and
- Work with the systems engineering teams to provide rapid response to systems quote and proposal requests.
- Develop streamlined methods for estimation of bill of material costs and job cost estimates for panel build and electrical
- Visit customer sites with sales and field service personnel and participate in needs analysis, specification development and problem solving, to enable development of best-in-class systems offerings that leverage the company’s
- Develop best-in-class system documentation including manuals, cause and effect diagrams, control
- Support the in-house panel shop by refining designs and documentation, component selection, designing test procedures, and educating personnel on components and test and troubleshooting methods.
- Participate in value engineering efforts to optimize the performance/cost trade off, through standardized and modular designs and component/supplier
- Proactively gather data on quality and performance of control systems and software from manufacturing and from the field, and incorporate into the continuous improvement efforts
- Demonstrated hands-on troubleshooting capabilities involving fluid processing systems, measurement systems, instrumentation, and industrial
- Experience and familiarity with NEC code requirements, electrical wiring practices in industrial and oilfield environments, and electrical safety practices.
- Familiarity with UL 508a panel build and component selection re
- Experience with ISO-compliant quality systems is highly desirable
Education and Experience
- Bachelors of Science or Masters of Science in electrical engineering, controls engineering or related
- Minimum (5 to 10 years) of experience in controls engineering for complex , configurable industrial
- In-depth knowledge of instrumentation, controls and electrical component selection, including explosion proof components for classified
Skills and Capabilities
- 5 to 10 years programming skills across multiple automation platforms including Rockwell Automation software for Allen Bradley PLC or Omron PLC’s.
- HMI platform configuration (i.e. Wonderware, Red Lion, Omron). Good software development and revision management
- Experience with ROC 800 flow computers
- Skilled in CAD design and documentation using AutoCAD
- Deep understanding of networking and communications protocols for industrial
- Must have a structured and organized work approach, including disciplined application of revision control and document management
- Excellent verbal and written
- Strong analytical, design and problem solving
- Ability to manage projects and communicate effectively with intern al and external resources at all organizational
- Physical ability to work safely in indoor and outdoor field/ industrial environments including Lifting and carrying less than 50
- Travel up to 25% of time required for customer, training or site visits as
This position offers Full benefits and employee (ESOP) with 6 to 9.5% of salary contribution.