Job ID: DELV-TX
Position Type: Direct Hire or Long Term Contract positions
Location: Carlsbad, NM & Odessa, TX areas
Pay: $50/hour up to $65/ hour + 1.5x Overtime & expenses
Education: AS degree or BS degree in Engineering preferred, not required
We have the capacity to hire several DeltaV Programmer(s) at this time. Opportunities exist for direct hire and also rotational contract employment.
Direct hire roles will offer hourly compensation, overtime and full company benefits. A company truck, gas card, laptop and cell phone are also provided.
- Any direct hire employees would need to relocate or already reside in the Carlsbad, NM & Odessa, TX areas. Overtime is available weekly. Paid drive time / Travel time.
- Rotational contract employment is also available and will offer hourly compensation, overtime, but not include company benefits. Programmers could work 3 weeks (6 days a week) onsite in Carlsbad, NM or Odessa, TX areas, followed by 1 week off and a return trip home. Company will also provide local housing while onsite, meals, along with a company truck, gas card, laptop and cell phone. These contract positions will involve travel, shift rotation, and programmers will not necessarily have to relocate to Texas or New Mexico.
General Description: This position involves development, programming and support of automation/process control systems in the oil and gas sector working with Emerson Process Management DeltaV (DCS) systems. Excellent inter-personal skills are required as we strive to develop strong and long lasting relationships with our customers.
The successful applicant will be required to provide On Call support for our customers (evenings/weekends/holidays), a company cell phone is provided.
Travel will be required as a part of system checkout and startup. Travel will also be required to provide field support for our customers. Travel is typically scheduled in advance but may be required at short notice. Travel duration is typically less than a week but multiple week trips may occur. A company vehicle is provided when traveling.
Primary industry sectors served include: (Oil and Gas)
- DeltaV DCS programming – REQUIRED
- Strong computer skills and computer networking troubleshooting capabilities (software and hardware) REQUIRED
- Experience with control systems Networking; Modbus, Controlnet, Devicenet, Fieldbus, Ethernet IP, IP addresses – REQUIRED
- Visual Basic or VB scripts- PREFERRED
- Experience with process instrumentation (any specific Emerson instrumentation preferred); pressure/level/temperature transmitters, flow meters, gas detectors, etc. – REQUIRED
- Experience with ROC800, ROC800L series / ROC SCADA RTUs (remote operations controllers) is also highly desirable. – PREFERRED
- Good experience with Telemetry / ABB radios or other remote telemetry technology – PREFERRED
- The ability to research various other types of equipment and understand how to use it – REQUIRED
- Experience with oil and gas, petrochem, chemical, fuels, refinery industry controls and automation is preferred – REQUIRED
- A relatively clean driving record – REQUIRED