Black Peak Inc.
Job ID: EEB-TN
Location: Knoxville, TN area
Salary: $95K – $120K salary plus excellent benefits
- Design electrical circuits and review existing circuits for all product lines, which includes industrial boilers, electrode, and electric boilers.
- Prepare schematic wiring diagrams.
- PLC programming and controls and automation responsibilities
- Select components to meet the customer specifications and code requirements.
- Assure compliance of products with applicable (NEC, NFPA, UL, CSA) codes.
- Check with shop assemblers to confirm that they fabricate units as designed and that the design is practical (controls are accessible and are safely located, etc.).
- Maintain UL files and records for listed products.
- Assist customers and service technicians with troubleshooting circuits.
- Write technical documents and descriptions of the operation of electrical circuits. These include electrical system descriptions and operating instructions to be used in instruction manuals provided to customers.
- Assist other departments such as marketing in developing new products or options, service by answering inquiries, purchasing by approving alternate sources or deviations, manufacturing by helping to improve process and productivity
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 3-5 years electrical engineering experience required
- Electrical design experience required
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Strong electrical aptitude
- Good aptitude with controls and automation- PLC programming (Siemens preferred) & Control System Design, Control Sequences
- Experience in connecting to DCS systems is preferred, but not required
- Connecting to IP and industrial networks preferred
- Experience in Electrical Switchgear and line power
- Ability to read all applicable drawings, including mechanical, electrical and instrumentation.
- Must have expertise and proficiency with basic office computer software, e.g. Microsoft Office Suite + MS Project, Access, etc.
- Proficient with CAD for creating and editing drawings.
- Experience with Solid Works a plus
- Experience in any heavy industrial or boiler industry experience is required
- Pressure vessels experience a plus
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the U.S. (no visa sponsorships).
- ASME membership is a plus
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Bonus eligibility.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision.
- Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Life Insurance.
- 401k with Company Match.
- Paid Time Off.