We are seeking an Electrical Engineer for a full time career position in the Providence RI area.
Job ID: EPD-RI
Location: Providence, RI area
Pay: $85,000 to $135,000 salary + great employee benefits package.
You will be the Electrical Engineer for existing and new product design in the portable safety device industry. This position will be responsible for the design and development of electronic/electrical designs for consumer safety products such as GFCI, LCDI, electrical components and other portable safety products. Participate in all phases of product development lifecycle, from concept through production launch as well as providing sustaining engineering product support.
Responsibilities for the position of Electrical Engineer
- Design/Develop/Test of electronic/electrical products and analog circuits to meet functional product objectives.
- Provide electronic/electrical product design solutions to Engineering team
- Analyze, debug, refine analog circuit designs
- Generate electrical schematics, PCB artwork, board layout and assembly
- Build breadboard circuits, PCB, and prototypes
- Drive product qualification testing and regulatory approvals
- Assist in bringing products through production
- Provide product support by identifying issues, resolving required changes, and supporting production through the product lifecycle
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Printed Circuit Board Design (PCB) experience
- 5+ years applicable industry experience with electronic or electrical product design which may include; GFCI products, Power Cords with safety features, LCDI power cords, ground fault devices or other UL regulated electrical safety devices
- Any experience with electrical product design with; Leviton, GE, Legrand, Pass & Seymour, Lutron, Hubbell, Eaton, etc. is highly preferred
- Proven success designing, debugging, and testing analog circuits or digital circuits
- Proficient in AutoCAD Electrical Software preferred but any design package experience would also qualify
- Experience with Solidworks preferred but any design or modeling package experience would also qualify
- Capable of providing product support to global manufacturing team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with the design and testing of electrical safety products or connector plugs, ground fault circuits
- Experience with electro-mechanical products
- Proficiency with Spice Modeling
- Understanding of UL requirements for electrical safety products
The package includes: 401K with a company match, medical benefits, FSA, life insurance, disability, holidays, and paid time off.