HVAC Technicians – Level 2 & 3
Job ID: HVAC-NC
Location: Charlotte, NC area
Pay: Level 2 – $20/hour – $28/hour + Overtime, company vehicle and full employee benefits
Level 3 – $26/hour – $35/hour + Overtime, company vehicle and full employee benefits
Skills & Qualifications:
- Completion of HVAC program
- Ability to read schematics.
- Working knowledge of using voltmeter, reclaim machine, and vacuum pump.
- Proficient using voltmeter, reclaim machine, and vacuum pump.
- Ability to diagnose and perform small repairs
- Proficient with brazing and using torches.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair: RTUs, split systems, air handlers, exhaust fans
- Able to troubleshoot, repair and maintaining all commercial unitary HVAC products.
- Complete understanding of refrigeration cycle.
- Complete understanding of electrical systems and reading of electrical schematics.
- Complete understanding of unitary systems air flow.
- Complete understanding of 50 ton + packaged units and ability to proficiently diagnose and repair.
- Understanding of SWUD units.
- Understanding of makeup air units, units with return air fans/exhaust fans/economizers, and dehumidification products.
- Understanding of air-cooled chillers, centrifugal chillers, and hot water boilers
- Universal EPA certification – Core: Type I, Typed II or Type III.
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record – no more than 2 violations
- Good physical condition to climb, sit, walk, stand, lift
Service call ability:
Must be able to perform and complete PMs on your own & you must be able to troubleshoot / diagnose / repair:
- Exhaust, ventilation, supply fans, etc.
- Mini Splits
- Split systems under 25 tons
- RTUs under 25 tons
- All packaged RTUs
- Process chillers
- Makeup air units
- DOAS units
- Air Rotation units
- Company vehicle with acceptable driving record
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Pet Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account with up to $1000 in company match annually
- Flexible spending account
- 401K with employer match
- 10 days of PTO, pro-rated in year 1 (increases with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays + 1 floating holiday
- Employee Assistance Program
- $100 Annual Safety Boot benefit
- Safety Incentive Program
- $100 Annual Physical Incentive Program
- Employee Referral Program