Mechanical Design Engineer
MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
Job ID: MDA2-FL
Position Type: Direct Hire
Location: Jupiter, FL area
Compensation: $65k up to $95k
Education: BS in Engineering
Work Authorization: Must be US Citizen or Green card holder
This is a great career opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team developing micro-turbine engines and subsystems for (UAV) Unmanned Aerial Vehicle & Aircraft and electric power applications. The position will entail FEA structural analysis with automated software such as ANSYS classic or WORKBENCH.
- Develop 3D CAD designs (PTC Creo preferred) from concept through final detail design.
- Mechanical design of critical test rigs and test support
- Knowledge of design practices & manufacturing techniques.
- Analyze designs and perform calculations based on engineering principles
- Perform FEA structural analysis with automated software such as ANSYS classic or WORKBENCH.
- Checking engineering drawings & technical documents.
- Ability to work as part of a multidiscipline team on fast paced projects.
- S. or M.S. in engineering from an accredited university.
- Minimum of (7) years of turbine engine, turbomachinery, radial turbine or UAV or equivalent experience desired
- Must have 5+ years minimum with analysis tools/ automated software; ANSYS classic or
- Experience with/or interest to learn analytical methods with FEA software (ANSYS Multi-physics).
- Experience with/or knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) ANSI Y14.5.
- Experience with CAD management tools (Windchill).
- Must have experience with; Static Structural Analysis, Modal / Vibration, Rotor Dynamics, Heat Transfer, Kinematics
- Experience with/or interest to learn rotordynamic software like XLRotor.
- Experience with gearbox designs a plus.
- Work Authorization: Must be US Citizen or Green card holder