Mechanical Design Engineer
MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
Job ID: MD-IL
Position Type: Direct Hire
Location: Elk Grove Village, IL area
Compensation: $80k up to $90k + benefits
Education: BS in Engineering
We are seeking to fill a critical role for a Mechanical Design Engineer with experience in automated machinery for; Paper or Cardboard Converting industry. A qualified candidate will have experience with any automated production line machinery ; printing lines, cutting, labelers, bindery, gluing applications, Dryers CAD/CAM proficiency required for design and application engineering.
- Develop, evaluate, and improve manufacturing methods to reduce costs and improve quality and efficiency.
- Estimate production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions
- Prepares and present plans for training of team members
- Designs, develops and tests and/or sources and cost-justifies various tools, machinery and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods
- Performs research, design and development of manufacturing processes including production flow, assembly methods and production equipment.
- Transition products from product development to production
- Oversee manufacture of products and process optimization
- Ability to conceptualize and design manufacturing equipment
- Coordinates the manufacturing launch of new/revised products including establishing goals, training team members and evaluating results
- Prepares and maintains detailed layouts of buildings and equipment
- Interface with customers
- Represents manufacturing on cross-functional teams
- B.S. degree in mechanical engineering or related technical field preferred
- Minimum of 8 years related experience in automated machinery for; Paper or Cardboard Converting or printing press industry, or envelope production machinery
- Experience with any automated production line machinery ; printing lines, cutting, labelers, bindery, gluing applications, Dryers
- CAD/CAM proficiency required for design and application engineering
- Excellent verbal and written skills required
- Ability to effectively prepare and present plans and information and respond to questions from group managers, clients, and customers
- Experience training in safe work environments, capital improvement, and maintaining compliance with state and federal regulations
Full Benefits offered: Medical, Dental, Vision, & Life, and other Voluntary Benefits, Paid Holidays, Vacation & Sick Time Off, Tuition Assistance Program, 401k Retirement Program with generous Company Match & Employee Referral Program.