Job ID: MDE-NJ
Location: Piscataway NJ area
Pay: $65K – $104K salary, depending on experience, plus company benefits
Education: AS degree or BS degree in Engineering preferred
We are seeking a junior to mid-level Mechanical Designer with Solidworks 3D knowledge for design of automation equipment that is built onsite in manufacturing setting for use; primarily in material handling and packaging fields. with specific experience on Automated System, Pneumatics & mechanical drive train components (bearings, gears, sprockets, gearboxes, mechanical slides, conveyors etc).
- Create in Solidworks 2016, concept drawings, robotic work-cell layouts, large assembly modeling, and detail drawings for machine shop fabrication of parts for automation projects.
- Create PO orders for design projects and spec’d commercial parts.
- Research parts for concept drawings and create RFQs.
- Active involvement in scheduling and planning team meetings with contractors, consultants, plant personnel, and management to deliver on time.
- Quote layout drawings.
- Any other duties performed to assist the Senior Mechanical Engineer and Senior Staff.
· Must have minimum of 2 years Solidworks 3D experience – with specific experience on Automated System, Pneumatics & mechanical drive train components (bearings, gears, sprockets, gearboxes, mechanical slides, conveyors etc).
· Good knowledge of AutoCAD
· Good working knowledge of automation components
· Knowledge of how to draw piping systems is a huge plus
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal for working with customers and team members
Company offers excellent benefits: 401(k) matching, Health insurance, Dental, Paid time off, Retirement plan, etc.