Outside Territory Sales / Account Manager
Outside Territory Sales / Account Manager
Job ID: OTS9-VA
Position Type: Direct Hire
Location: Harrisonburg, VA area & territory (Northwest Region) *must live in region*
Compensation: $65,000 up to $80,000 base comp, plus commission (average comp of $110k to $135k annually)
Company supplies: car allowance or mileage, laptop, cell phone, plus full benefits
The employer is a well-established, Leading Industrial Distributor & Supplier in Industrial Automation & Electrical Technology for the Virginia area.
This position will provide Solution Based Selling for; Industrial, OEM, Technology, Manufacturing Industrial Automation Parts, PLC’s , Equipment and Electrical Distribution, to Food & Beverage, Military, Navy, Government, Production Facilities, Systems Integrators, OEM’s and Manufacturing. A proven background in Technical, Industrial, Automation or Electrical Distribution background is preferred. Not required, but preferred would be a good Product knowledge for: PLC, Motor Controls, MCC, VFD’s, AC/ DC Drives, Electrical Panels, etc.
As our Territory Sales professional, you will support the Northwest Virginia Region and interface with business owners, Military, Navy, Government, Systems Integrators, Plant Managers, Operations Managers, and CEO’s in Manufacturing. You will identify and convert new potential customers and provide Solution Based Sales and deepen relationships with existing customers. Success in this position requires solid acumen with technical solutions, problem solving, and a strong drive to generate new business. Within 2 -3 years’ this role has career advancement opportunity as the Regional Sales manager for the company with commensurate responsibility, salary and bonus.
We are seeking an Outside Territory Sales / Account Manager who will interface with Business Owners, Military, Navy, Government, Systems Integrators, Plant Managers, Operations Managers, and CEO’s in manufacturing. Success in this position requires solid acumen with technical solutions, providing solutions to customers based on their problems, solving those problems with a defined and proposed solution. This position Reports directly to the Director of Business Development. . Must have recent proven background in Technical, Industrial. A background in Industrial Automation or Electrical Distribution background is highly preferred.
- Drive new and existing business efforts.
- Provide customers with proper guidance and understanding toward solutions. Recommend Electrical distribution and automation solutions
by consulting the customer
- Perform product demonstrations and sales/technical presentations
- Manage internal and external information through software systems
- Engage with customers, using your technical experience.
- 3+ years of experience in Technical Sales, Industrial Sales, OEM Sales, Electrical Sales or Industrial Automation or related distribution
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in the Computer integrated Manufacturing, Mechanical or Electrical engineering or related is preferred
- Not Required but Preferred…Product knowledge for: PLC, Motor Controls, MCC, VFD’s, AC/ DC Drives, Electrical Panels, etc.
- Sales / Engineering for manufacturing, Industrial Automation parts and equipment to Government, Military, Navy or Food & Beverage Production, Systems Integrators, OEM’s and Manufacturing.
- Proven success at building rapport and productive customer relationships through effective communication at all levels (e.g. maintenance staff to C-level)
- Provide Solution based sales to customers by solving their problem with recommending a solution
- Extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Self-sufficiency with web-based CRM products.
- Travel within territory Northwest VA area – Must live in the region
- Dynamic, results-minded individuals who will aggressively drive new and existing business efforts. High Energy, confident, and assertive, strong work ethic
- A base salary of $65k up to $80k with total average comp of $115K to $135k annually, based on results with no compensation cap
- and unlimited potential on large orders
- A competitive benefit package that includes, health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan.
- Month car allowance or mileage, laptop and phone