PLC Programmer / Electrical Engineer
PLC PROGRAMMER / ELECTRICAL ENGINEER
Job ID: PLC-NJ
Position Type: Direct Hire position
Location: Piscataway NJ area
Pay: $90,000 up to $130,000 salary plus benefits
Education: AS degree or BS degree in Engineering preferred
Responsible for the overall development and programming for machine automation systems related to packaging machinery, blister pack machinery, automated conveyors, vision systems and logistics. Duties include programming automation systems and interfacing the mechanical equipment. This could also involve troubleshooting and startup/debug of the control system and overall machine.
- Develop program machine control systems using PLC/ HMI solutions; primarily with Allen Bradley, GE Fanuc or other automated solutions.
- Daily programming with any; RS-Logix / CompactLogix ; GE Fanuc 90/30 or 90/70, Versamax or Pacsystems
- Develop automated systems for packaging machinery, custom automated machinery, conveyors, vision systems etc.
- Simulate, test, and debug machine control systems in house
- Install and startup systems in house and at end user facilities
- Create unique customer focused solutions and programs
- Coordinate with customers, vendors, and colleagues to solve automation challenges
- Travel onsite to customer locations to implement, maintain, and upgrade software/hardware
- Maintain project timelines and budgets
- Creat Electrical Diagrams with AutoCAD / ACAD Electrical
- Size and select equipment including servos, power supplies, sensors, switches, motors, and other control devices for machines
- Robotic programming (or ability to learn)
- PLC programming (required)
- HMI configuration with any packages (FactoryTalkView, GE Proficy, Wonderware, Panelview preferred)
- 3+ years in recent experience in machine automation controls, packaging machinery, conveyors, blister pack or other related systems
- Minimum of 3 – 20 years hands-on experience programming PLCs
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with Rockwell Automation, Allen Bradley or GE Fanuc PLCs
- Knowledge and experience with servo drive motors
- Experience working with Drives, VFD’s, Motors (must have good electro-mechanical aptitude and experience)
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Organized and self-motivated- AS or BS in Automation or Engineering or equivalent training
- AutoCAD / AutoCAD Electrical experience preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook
- Ability for travel for system start-ups when applicable.