Job ID: SE-MA
Position Type: Direct Hire
Location: Taunton, MA area
Pay: Salary $80K – $90K
Education: B.S. in Safety Engineering, Environmental sciences or related
This employer is currently has an opportunity for a Safety Engineer Safety Engineer who will have direct responsibility for the site safety and environmental program enhancement, maintenance and compliance. To be a good fit for this role, one must have a comprehensive understanding of safety and environmental regulations.
- Coordinate operations to comply with all OSHA, EPA, DEP, and DHS protection and reporting requirements.
- Participate or lead in Emergency Response Team and Safety Committee.
- Must be familiar with the regulatory requirements for: Emergency Response Planning, Compliance management for Air, Water, Wastewater, Hazardous Waste, Fire and Building Codes and Life safety systems.
- Maintain safety and environmental statistics and report on key performance indicators for the site to the Corporate Management.
- Coordinate all accident/incident investigations and ensure appropriate action is taken where required.
- Complete risk assessments and direct risk reduction activity.
- Monitoring of workplace conditions by means of audit and inspection and maintaining records thereof.
- Adhere to all internal safety, HR, environmental and quality guidelines & procedures.
- Issue internal work permits, as needed.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in industrial safety, health, and environment or equivalent
- Experience with semiconductor facilities operations is highly desirable
- Experience in training of personnel on safety and environmental requirements
- Experience in managing hazardous materials and hazardous wastes
- Knowledge of industrial hygiene practices
- Knowledge of computers and software to communicate and generate reports
- Effective communication skills to interface with management and company personnel
- HAZWOPER 40-hour training
- Hazardous Waste Management Training
- OSHA 501 – Train the Trainer
- DOT Hazardous Material Shipping Training
- Ability to travel
- Competitive salary and bonus potential, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, 401k with company match, medical, vision, dental, life/AD&D, STD and LTD (many of these available at date of hire)