Job ID: MTT2-PA
Position Type: Direct Hire – 2nd shift (2pm – 11pm / Mon – Fri)
Location: Norristown, PA area
Compensation: $25 up to $35 hourly + OT (many overtime hours available) hourly pay based on relevant experience
We are seeking a Maintenance Technician(s) for 2nd shift positions to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain food production, bakery and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and preventative maintenance systems and processes to support the business goals and objectives.
- Install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during scheduled downtime periods.
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- High school diploma/GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience in a food process / manufacturing facility.
- Experience in Food Production, Bakery / GMP environment
- Electrical troubleshooting and repair experience
- 4+ years of manufacturing experience; strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills with some PLC experience and HVAC.
- Conveyor belt and tracking knowledge
- Silo, bulk and pneumatic systems
- Welding, Tig, Mig or Stick
- Must be able to work: 2nd shift (2pm – 10pm Mon- Fri) Weekend work may be required as necessary.
- Must have no physical limitations – good vision, hearing, be able to lift and/or move items a minimum of 50 pounds