Controls Engineer / PLC Programmer
CONTROLS ENGINEER / PLC Programmer
Job ID: CERS-TN
Location: Onsite Mon – Fri- Chattanooga TN, Knoxville TN, Athens TN or Cleveland TN areas.
Compensation: $110k up to $175K salary (also open to hourly plus OT if preferred) plus benefits
Our client is seeking an Controls Engineer / PLC Programmer to develop and maintain Manufacturing Automation, Machine Automation, Machine Controls, Vision Systems, Safety Systems and Robotics.
- 3-4 years minimum experience with Industrial Control Systems and Manufacturing Automation Systems and programs, data collection and storage, and reporting for production facilities.
- Performs system startup operations to demonstrate, analyze and improve equipment performance to ensure optimal results are obtained as part of the customer machine acceptance trial
- Write PLC programs from scratch / independently
- Configure Drives, VFD’s and work with Robotics and Vision Systems
- Coordinates and works with Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) suppliers and customer project managers to properly integrate the automated controls.
- Reviews blueprints, wiring diagrams, schematics, manuals, Bills of Material and customer requirements to determine safe, efficient and cost-effective design, assembly and installation procedures.
- Installs and/or services control systems in accordance with manufacturers’ and customers’ specifications
- 3 years’ minimum with Allen-Bradley / Rockwell Automation, ControlLogix, CompactLogix and GuardLogix safety systems programming
- Expertise with Rockwell Automation; RS-Logix programming from scratch required
- Experience with Integrated Architecture Builder (IAB) software to provide advanced selection assistance and a (GUI) graphical interface for designing systems.
- 3+ years of programming experience with SCADA systems and industrial networking setup and troubleshooting.
- 3 years’ minimum experience with Fanuc Robots integration
- Experience with machine Vision systems applications
- Strong electrical skills and ability to troubleshoot wiring / hardware on control panels
- Must have experience with Manufacturing Automation, Machine Automation, Machine Controls & Discrete Controls
- 3+ years of experience with Industrial Control Systems for Manufacturing Automation
- 3+ years with industrial network communication applications.
- S. or B.S. degree in Engineering preferred
- Must be able to work independently, lead controls efforts
- Ability to travel 25% or more